Maximize Pinterest Exposure
Pinterest is an outstanding social platform filled with inspiring images. Social media marketing with this platform is quite beneficial for most businesses. However, the marketing potential comes forward when board Pins contains quality content.
According to Pinterest, 75% of Pins were saved and shared last year. It is a great place to find DIY ideas for your home projects, fashion, crafting, and so much more. Pins are the most important factor when it comes to bringing in website traffic through Pinterest.
How To Create Good Pinterest Pins
- Pinterest Pins Design & Size
- Contextual Pin Visualisation
- High-Resolution Images
- Link Your Website
- Description Matters
- Research High Search Volume Pinterest Keywords
- Add Hashtags To Your Pins
- Add A Call-To-Action (CTA)
1) Pinterest Pins Design & Size
With Pinterest, images are the most vital part, as this social media platform is image-centric. To increase website traffic from Pinterest you will have to create more engaging Pins to attract an audience.
According to Pinterest:
- The preferred aspect ratio of images should be 2:3-1:3.5
- The maximum width of the pin should be 735 pixels and the minimum should be 600 pixels
- The overall resolution of the image should be 735 pixels X 1102 pixels
This image size may not be suitable for your blog or product page, but for Pinterest, this is the ideal size.
With the help of Pinterest’s incredible customization options, you can easily add custom graphics while creating your pins and can even integrate it within your blog posts or product pages.
Engaging design and size of the pins always intrigue visitors, thus the chances of repinning your pinned content increases.
You can even showcase your Pinterest pins by highlighting them on your profile cover.
- Go to your Pinterest profile
- Select the pencil option on the right-top corner
- Many options will appear such as “show certain board” or the “recent activity”
- In this case, whenever a person saves your content from your linked page, your profile cover will highlight the recently saved pins
- This helps others find your trending content
2) Contextual Pin Visualization
An image without a storyline is similar to a text on a white paper.
Your Pinterest pin needs to have content that tells a story. This needs to relate to your blogs, articles, products, services, etc.
Consider Pinterest images as a starter meal that leads an audience toward the main course. This is why you need to add context that delivers a brief story of the linked content.
All you need to do is a little research on the subject of your content that connects to your Pinterest Pin’s image to your audience.
3) High-Resolution Images
All around the world, there are billions of people on their mobile phones daily. According to the studies; 80% of smartphone users are on Pinterest. On smartphones, people directly view the images that are integrated with your Pinterest pins on a miniature screen.
Pinterest showcases 3 or 4 images that represent the whole collection of Pins i.e., the board. In this scenario, if the quality of images is not alluring your audience then your Pinterest boards will become just a redundant activity of screen scrolling from top to bottom.
To prevent this you need to use high-resolution images. In your social business account, you do not have to optimize the images as you do while posting in a blog. Here posting high-quality images will make your Pinterest account stand out.
So, keep developing high-resolution images that attract visitors and entice them to stop scrolling down and start tapping your graphics. High-resolution images with visible text get more attention than regular images.
4) Link Your Website
It is easy enough to add images to your Pinterest boards, but do not forget to add a link or URL to your image once it is uploaded.
Rather than marketers, casual Pinterest users typically do not know how to add a new pin. So here is a simple step by step process from beginning till the end – adding pins as well with a URL.
- To add a Pin, go to the bottom right corner of your Pinterest page and click on “+” and then “Upload a Pin”
- Now, you will get an option to choose an image from your computer or upload an image from a website. Either option will work.
- After selecting the image, select the “Add” option under “Destination Website” menu.
- Now copy the URL of the page you want to promote and paste it here.
- Select the board or create a new board for your new pin
- Finally, click “Save”.
- That’s it.
5) Writing Pin Descriptions
It’s true that people most likely do not even bother with the pins which are lacking with description even if they are hyperlinked with the webpage. A description is a must for every pin you add to Pinterest as it describes what the Pin is all about.
Adding your URL in the description makes it easier for people to find what they are looking for on Pinterest.
When writing the description for your Pins make sure to remember the following:
- You can add up to 500 characters in your description
- By default, Pinterest showcases pins in a grid view. This view displays only 75 to100 characters the description without having to click to view the full description.
- Write the most important point at the start of your description as a hook to get the reader interested in reading more
- Add as much content to the description of your pin with the helpful details as it plays a major role in taking your audience to your website
- Avoid using a URL that makes your description look messy.
- Also, avoid making the first-person message that includes “I”, “me” and “we”. Just keep a simple and accurate representation of the information of the image as well as the linked content
- On Pinterest, the lifespan of your pins will be very long. Make sure not to create a description that shows prices or promotes any product or services that may change in the future
6) Research High Search Volume Pinterest Keywords
In Pinterest, both the image and supporting text are important assets for your Pin. Now it’s time for you to perform some SEO work by optimizing your Pinterest Pins with popular keywords.
It is necessary to optimize Pinterest Pins for searches results in Pinterest and search engines. You will have to do some homework on finding the searches that people are typing into search engines. Without knowing what people are searching for, there is no reason for putting a keyword in your Pinterest Pin.
Here are some areas you can add keywords to:
- Image caption
- Link Text
- Board Name
- Link Alt Text
- Page Meta Title
- Page Meta Description
- Page Title
- Page Meta Keywords
These are the text area where you can include your keywords. When people try to find their desired search results, your Pin comes up first on the search engines or in the Pinterest search area if properly optimized.
Hashtags are used for social media marketing to tag keywords into clickable links to other content related tot hat topic. It’s a great way to find likeminded people while making sure your content reaches a large audience.
Adding hashtags is not any kind of rocket science, it’s quite simple. All you have to do is type “#” in your Pin’s description area and add the phrase or keywords.
You can change hashtags by editing your Pin’s description. According to Pinterest, hashtags allow pinners to find the latest content through Pinterest and on Pinterest.
Also, your audience can discover all the relevant content by clicking on the hashtags attached to your pin description.
It provides the freshest content first to your audience and generates immediate traffic to the linked website. It is an alternate way for the pins to be found by the users.
You can find the most trending hashtags through websites such as hashtagify.
8) Add Call-To-Action (CTA)
A CTA is used to encourage someone to take the desired action. However, on Pinterest, you can use a CTA button to ask your audience to share your post after going through it.
According to the studies, it has been found that Pins with a CTA got up to 80% more.
Types of CTA that you can use for your Pinterest Pins include:
- Sign Up Today
- Download For Free
- RSVP Here
- Save It For Later
- Learn More
- Call Now
- Shop Today
Create an enticing combination of graphics with text and at the bottom, a simple CTA button will attract your audience to take action. Make sure the color of your CTA contrasts with its surroundings so that it stands out.
Creating pins and posting them on Pinterest is not a big deal, but getting engagement and increasing website traffic is quite a difficult job to perform.
Now you should have a great deal of knowledge regarding Pinterest marketing that will assist you in creating elegant Pinterest Pins that will also help you in get more engagement and website traffic.