Twitter Marketing Strategies
There is no doubt that mobile apps are booming these days and have generated billions in revenue.
Now, almost everyone wants to delve into mobile application development and release their app.
But the question is, how will you manage to make your app stand out from the rest of the pack?
There are 255 million users who come to a platform like Twitter to search for hot and trending.
That’s why, in this post, we will talk about how you can promote your mobile app on Twitter:
Create a Twitter page for your app
Before you start, you need to create a Twitter page for your app. This includes picking a handle or username that best represents your app.
Once done, you will need to upload your profile picture. Depending on how you want your Twitter page to work for your app, you can opt for any of the following:
- Your photo
- Your company’s logo
- Your mobile app’s logo
You also need to upload a header photo that people will view once they visit your profile.
It is the big, banner-like photo on top of your profile where you can provide more information on your app.
After setting up your page, it’s time to start building a strong following. This is the part where you need to roll up your sleeves and start putting in the effort.
Improve your Twitter bio
It would be ideal if your Twitter page can embody your mobile app.
After uploading your header and profile photos, you need to spruce up your Twitter bio. It’s that small space beneath your image and handles, wherein you can explain what your app is all about.
Here’s the thing: Your Twitter bio is one of the first places that your Twitter followers will see. So it would be best to use this as an opportunity to mention what your mobile app can do.
The key here is to talk about the benefits that your app can bring. Does your app help people be extra productive? Or is it a mobile payment app connected to over 1,000 merchants in the country?
Once you’re done, do not forget to add your app’s download link.
Here are other ways how you can create a compelling Twitter bio:
- Brief description: Use this space to tell your followers what you do. You may choose to add a short description here about your app, or products and services. You can also place here what people ought to expect when they follow your brand.
- Add social proof: Place any significant award or recognition that you’ve received in your Twitter bio.
- Include relevant keywords: Since your Twitter bio is searchable, it can be indexed by search engines like Google and Bing. Therefore, they need to be SEO optimized using relevant keywords.
- Show accomplishments: If there are any relevant accomplishments that you’ve made, then you should also include this in your bio.
- Picture perfect: Your profile picture carries the most weight when making an impression with your followers. You may have the best bio out there, but having a bad profile picture can cancel it out.
Use relevant and branded hashtags
Use relevant and branded hashtags. It’s because Twitter users who are actively searching for content for specific topics can come across your tweets and follow you.
If you fail to use hashtags, then your Twitter marketing may not be as effective. Ideally, look for popular keywords found in your location or niche.
Add download links
The next thing that you need to do is to add downloadable links. After you’ve finalized the tweet that you want to publish, place the URL that includes the download links to Android and iOS.
If your site URL is too long, you need to shorten it to save space. You can use Google’s free link URL shortener.
If you have a download page on your site, all you need to do is insert the website link directly to the App Store and on Google Play.
Create a high-quality content
While you must create a Twitter app as some soundboard to promote your new app, chances are, you won’t have success this way.
You need to come up with content that people will share and get your target users engaged.
The most crucial aspect here is to develop a landing page or blog that allows you to create high-quality content.
Your content can range from anything, such as quick write-ups about your app, to the latest industry news.
Also, publishing user-generated content allows you to illustrate the value of your app more.
In fact, according to data by Nielsen, 90% listen to the recommendations of their peers, while 30% only listen to ads.
Similarly, you can also do video blog entries as they work particularly well on Twitter since people can now play a video on the platform.
With a viral video, you can quickly expand your presence on a vast social media platform like Twitter. And if you’re lucky, receive thousands of downloads.
Coming up with an engaging, informative, and high-quality content will take your game to a whole new level.
Use Twitter cards
Twitter cards help expand your average tweet by putting in rich content such as photos and videos on it.
These cards can also add any additional information like the description and headline in which the page is linked.
There are four types of Twitter cards:
- Summary card: A card with a square thumbnail on the left side, and a description and title on the right.
- Summary card with a big image: A card that has a full-width image, just right under the title and description.
- App card: A card that helps drive in mobile downloads.
- Player card: Showcases audios, videos, and other media right along with the title and description.
The advantage of Twitter cards is that it gives an essential preview of the content you are sharing. The best part? It doesn’t take away from 280 characters that can use for your tweet.
Apart from the link to the content, it won’t be usually shown on the tweet, unless you place it until the end.
Meaning, with Twitter cards, you can ensure that you’re attracting the right kind of people, your target users.
Tweet images and videos
Tweets that have visuals like photos and videos tend to garner retweets and engagement than those without.
That’s why, if you’re planning to promote your app in your tweets, then using images and videos is one of the best ways to get more eyeballs on your content.
It also helps that you come up with engaging visuals that grab the emotions of your viewers.
Coming up with photos and videos for your target users on Twitter doesn’t require you to go through a complicated process or hire a team of designers.
Here are some helpful tools that you can use to create stunning visuals:
- Native editing apps: You can use built-in apps that play videos on your device to trim or make necessary changes on these videos.
- Twitter smartphone app: You can record videos right in the Twitter app by clicking the video icon when opening your screen and crafting a tweet. Then, hold the recording icon, and record as many clips and videos as you want, up until you hit the time limit of 140 seconds.
- Canva: This is a web-based image editing tool. It comes with various templates, formats, fonts, and other useful design elements that let you create stunning images.
- GIPHY: This is already built on Twitter’s platform, so all you need to do is place these GIFs on your tweets. Similarly, to create a GIF out of your video, use a GIF maker.
Follow your target users
Organic promotion on social media comes with a social media presence, including a huge social media platform like Twitter.
Once you’re done creating a profile, the next thing you need to do is start following people in your industry or your target users.
The most important thing you need to remember is not to spam people by being too over promotional.
Instead, it would help if you connected with your target users in a meaningful way. You can do this by posting content or tweets that they care about and join in the conversation.
Ask for reviews and ratings
Promoting the reviews on your apps on social media encourages more downloads.
Sixty percent think that ratings and reviews are the most important things you need to consider when downloading an app.
Asking for reviews and settings allows you to feature valuable social proof that’s can otherwise go unnoticed.
If you get positive feedback from a beta tester or gain an accomplishment on the app store, then take it to Twitter. Doing so is one way to drive online visibility about your mobile app.
Tap into your Audience Insights
Like with any marketing area, you can learn more by tapping into different methods and then monitoring your results. That way, you can check which ones bring you the best results.
Also, the longer and more active you are on the platform, the better you can leverage these audience analysis tools.
Such tools let you know the critical times in which your target users are most active on Twitter.
It also helps you figure out their interests, the actions they need to take, their demographics, and a lot more.
You can use these insights to help you plan out and then optimize your content on Twitter.
Tools like Twitter Analytics, Audiense, or SparkScore are useful in understanding your target users better.
Now, after collecting the data from these tools, you can do the following to build on the insights in your current Twitter marketing strategy:
- Come up with a list of specific topics that you can tweet about and educate your target users.
- Use tools like Hootsuite and Buffer to schedule these tweets on-peak hours of the day where your target users are mostly online.
- List at least 15 accounts on Twitter that you want to connect or build a connection with.
- Share relevant content from your followers or send them a direct message.
Listen to your Twitter followers
If someone has a strong opinion about your brand, then chances are, they’ll share it on Twitter. This is quite true whether their opinion about you is positive or negative.
Now, a problem here could arise, especially if you don’t have a system in place that will allow you to keep track of everything that’s being shared.
Without proactive social listening, tweets and conversations can easily slip through the cracks. This can hurt your mobile app’s reputation in the long run.
But if you know when to react and do it promptly, it will be easier to build long-term connections.
Know the Twitter etiquette
Twitter, as you know, as it’s a unique way of communicating with a set of rules or etiquette.
So, if you have a new set of followers, make sure that you welcome them with a stream of engaging tweets and content.
If they love what they see, they’ll indeed download your app, even retweet what you have to say.
That’s why it’s essential to keep the conversation flowing and use the right Twitter etiquette to answer users who ask you questions.
You can also use the platform to promote your friends, followers, and apps, which you may find interesting. Chances are, they’ll appreciate it, and some will even promote you back.
Twitter is a great platform that you can use to create buzz around your mobile app. That said, you can use the following tips:
- Create a Twitter page for your app
- Improve your Twitter bio
- Use relevant and branded hashtags
- Add download links
- Create a high-quality content
- Use Twitter cards
- Tweet images and videos
- Follow your target users
- Ask for reviews and ratings
- Tap into your Audience Insights
- Listen to your Twitter followers
- Know the Twitter etiquette
You’d be surprised at how this micro-blogging platform can help make your mobile app stand out from the crowd.